I Saw Her Today


[Intro]

[Verse 1]
I take her by the hand, and we go for the woods.
And relaxed is the wearing, relaxed our hoods.
She asks me, “Are we destined to love something, now?”
And I answer, “You wander with me, now, you know.”

[Verse 2]
And she smiles, and say, “Men. They are beautiful, right?”
“I’ll say no,” I say, “though, one is weary of light.”
“I do love the woods,” she says, “place meeting with time.”
I say, “Time, to you, frightens, though can be sublime.”

[Chorus]
“That is so,” she says, as she looks down on my feet.
“Right,” I say, “making time is not always that sweet.”
She laughs, saying, “Your feet are not at all that paired!”
“Right,” I say, “your perception is wonderful, aired.”

[Instrumental]

[Verse 3]
“Let me see how they are, when they are paired,” she says.
I stop walking, take stand, seeing you, in a way.
“You are beautiful,” I say, “a wonder on earth.
You smile, saying, “I love those two feet giving birth.”

[Chorus]
“That is so,” she says, as she looks down on my feet.
“Right,” I say, “making time is not always that sweet.”
She laughs, saying, “Your feet are not at all that paired!”
“Right,” I say, “your perception is wonderful, aired.”

[Verse 4]
“I wish you would forever stand,” you say, and smile.
And I laugh, and I say, “I’ll kiss you, in a while.”
“I’ll be first,” she says, kissing the tip of my nose.
“You are beautiful,” I say, “and sharp as the rose.”

[Short instrumental]

[Chorus]
“That is so,” she says, as she looks down on my feet.
“Right,” I say, “making time is not always that sweet.”
She laughs, saying, “Your feet are not at all that paired!”
“Right,” I say, “your perception is wonderful, aired.”

No comments: